Monday, January 26, 2009

Getting Acquinated





Today was my first day of class after only a weekend of getting adjusted to British life. After such a hassle getting off on a plane finally (so sorry mom and dad!) and missing my shuttle to the school from Manchester, I managed the buses and got here safe and sound. Everything is so wonderfully different and the people have all been very kind and helpful. I've already seen some of the nearby cities in Stoke-on-Trent, like Newcastle-Under-Lyme and Hanley. Made several international friends, from all over the States, Canada, Australia, and more, and even a few from here at Keele. But hope to meet more through class and societies (like their school's clubs). I live about 1-2 miles from campus (20-30 min walk) in Keele Village, which seems SO far compared to App's campus, but it's a beautiful walk. BUT the food is not bad (just had cottage pie last night! mmmm) and the teeth are not all ugly : ). Hope to visit lots of places with my British Culture class, so I will have more to talk about. And I'll post pictures and Skype as soon as I get internet in my house! Cheers

Temporary mailing address (until I'm moved to my permanent block or flat!) - I love letters ; )

Krystal Trout
c/o Students' Union
Keele University
STAFFS
ST55BJ
UK

1 comment:

  1. Sissy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you so much and I am jealous of everything that you are experiencing! (ok - not jealous of no heat - that is crazy!) I like the idea that everything seems to be in the country/rural. Are the classes structured like classes here? It also sounds like you will get to do lots of traveling on the long weekends - live it up and go everywhere you can. Let us know what the food is like. I love you and I can't wait to learn all about how it's going there. I've been wondering about it ever since you left on Thursday. I love you!

    ReplyDelete